How fun was the Magical Yoga Weekend ! Big Thank You's to all who participated and to our special guests who shared their wonderful insights into this ancient science of Yoga. If you missed it this year, there will be more to come in the next one.
Here's an update as to what is happening this Summer with the MLY School**:
1. Yoga Teacher Mentorship Program is under swing and it's been great. We meet monthly as a group to go over particular skills and practices and each participant has a monthly personal coaching call to assist and provide support with their individual commitments and set goals. This group stays together until the end of September. Folks interested in this program will have the opportunity to join us in the next one, just let us know:)
2. Anatomy for Yoga Teachers is a 20+-hour course running in August (check the sideline for dates etc..), in Ottawa. Led by the extremely knowledgeable Gayle(Gayatri) Poapst, this module is guaranteed to be top quality, informative, relevant and fun. With her background in medecine, therapeutics, yoga and her ongoing studies in these areas, she will be sharing and exploring hands-on, the physical and energetic systems of the body. Actually, more than that. I'll post more about this soon, and you can expect to be looking at least the following studies:
- The Systems of the body: Skeletal, Muscular, Respiratory, Circulatory, Cardiovascular, Lymphatic, Urinary, Reproductive. The Nervous Systems, Endocrine Systems, Digestive System, The Chakras, Koshas.
- Pre and Post Natal bodies
- Working with Injuries and some of the Therapeutic elements involved.
What a fun course this has been! We started together in June, and the results so far have been inspiring. You might see folks all over the city exploring the practices of Bhakti, Karma, Jnana and Raja Yoga. Can't wait to debrief! This course ends with a wrap-up session on August 27th.
Along with our own respective projects, Jamine and I are really enjoying the collaboration, connection and the community that is happening as a result of the various projects through the Makata Living Yoga School. The ideas and collaborations are overflowing and we're really excited about what's cooking. In the meantime, September brings with it another round of the Living Your Yoga philosophy course and for those interested in pursuing your yoga certification or ongoing training, or simply interested in learning more about this ancient tradition of Yoga, this would be a great time to hop into the stream.
See you soon! Big ॐ 's :)
**Each of these particular courses is also a module that is part of a 500hr certification. Some of the folks already participating are doing so in their process of completing the 500hr certification. You can join in when you like.